CrystalOne Radio Forums
Members List Social Groups
Old 07-16-2006

ajr787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Am I crazy?

I hear a beeping sound whenever I listen to Howard Stern. Its just one tone, sometimes 5 or 10 minutes apart, sounds like a low battery warning or something. It started about a month ago, I thought it was my laptop, took it in to get checked out everything was ok. It wasn't until just recently I noticed I only heard the beeps when I turned on the stream, and now I'm sure its gotta be coming from there. Has anybody else had anything similar to this at all?
Old 10-03-2006

ReaXan is an unknown quantity at this point
Its the new camera's moving in the studio,Howard has comented about this problem before
Old 10-05-2006

Thank you but I can assure you it wasn't camera noises. The problem went away about a week after the post. Now I'm hearing something else thats wierd when listening to Stern this morning, its a deep voice faint in the background saying some "you're listening to crystal one" ad over and over and over again, he pops up every 10 mins or so, very annoying.
Old 10-05-2006
Administrator

CPUKiller is an unknown quantity at this point
What station are you listening to that is doing that?

Nothing should ever play in the background/faintly.
Old 10-05-2006

Howard 100. At first I thought it was an open phone line on the show or something but they talk over it and don't comment on it.
Old 10-05-2006
Administrator

There's nothing on the H100 station that could do a voice over like that. It is a straight feed from the Sirius broadcast.
Old 10-05-2006

It hasn't happened yet this segment, I'm guessing its done now. Wierd.
Old 10-06-2006

Argh this is so annoying, its happening every 5 minutes now. Its a faint computer-generated-like voice in the background that says "you are listening to crystal one radio", followed by another sentence I can never make out, all over the H100 stream. I can never hear it clear enough to know what the second part is. It doesn't happen on the premium stream, just the H100 one.
Old 10-06-2006
Administrator

I don't know man, there is just no possible way for that to happen. The H100 station is a direct feed from Sirius, there is no intermediary place for other voices to be mixed in.
Old 10-06-2006

Then I hope it goes away soon because its very irritating. It just went on again at 12:22, the second part of the sentence is a mention of the crystal one website.
Old 11-20-2008

gloria1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Am I crazy?

Kurt Angle was on the Howard Stern show on Sirius/XM this morning. The segment was longtime Stern caller and punching bag, Eric The Midget, a huge wrestling and American Idol fan. Diana Degarmo from American Idol was there. She said she would soon be involved with TNA, but wouldn’t say what because it was “a secret.”

Kurt Angle came into the studio, Howard said he was “looking huge” and immediately asked “aren’t you getting into Boxing?” Kurt quickly replied “MMA, I’m talking to a bunch of companies”

They talked about MMA, and Kurt said he was inspired by Howard working on his own (ie going to Sirius) and signed with TNA, instead of that monster WWE.

When speaking about the WWE, Kurt said he was “overworked.”

Robin Quivers noticed some bruises on Angle’s face, Kurt “my matches aren’t the easiest matches - they’re quite stiff.”

Kurt told Howard and company he was “all American linebacker - in high school.”

They talked about the Angle’s divorcing “I just got single.” Kurt said “I got a crush on Robin. I dig African American women.”

Kurt then spoke to Eric the Midget, who has had a longtime crush on Degermo “Your going to blow it man, this is your ONE AND ONLY CHANCE (to ask her out). It doesn’t matter if she has a boyfriend or not. I’m going to make you an honorary member, I have a group called the Main Event Mafia and you can be a part of it, but you HAVE TO ASK HER OUT!!!!” This was great, as he was totally in angry Kurt mode.

Eric tried to ask her out, but she said no.

Howard then plugged TNA, saying it was “Something big, something different, breaking away from the tyranny of the WWE.”

Howard asked Kurt about Vince “he’s a businessman.” He talked about his pill problems “I quit WWE. I needed to go to rehab and he wanted me on the road.” Kurt said at worst he was taking 100 painkillers a day, commenting “I broke my neck four times, so many pain killers to make it thru the day. Vince said ‘you are an Olympic gold medalist you can do it (rehab) own your own.”

When asked if he spoke with Vince since he quit, “Nope, if I spoke with him again I’ll be civil with him, he’s not a father figure anymore. Vince wants the most out of the individual. I don’t want to do business with him.”

There was some MMA talk again. Kurt said MMA “its easier then pro wrestling - a lot easier”

On Karen and the split “I got her a job in TNA and she split. She was a great wife, but something happened. We grew apart.” Robin Quivers, replied “you never let them in” the business. Which proves how smart she is to the wrestling business. Kurt said he was thinking of fixing up Karen with Eric the midget.

While wrapping up the interview, Donna said she might be “singing” on TNA. Kurt said that anyone (in the press) who messes with Eric will have to deal with the Main Event Mafia. Stern sidekick Artie Lange told Angle, “I know what its like to have a boss who won’t let you go to rehab.”

Kurt also had advice to Eric to “Live it up, you are on the Howard Stern show.” Of course Kurt was talking about a long running joke where Howard would put balloons on a wheelchair to make Eric fly.