CrystalOne Radio Forums
Members List Social Groups

Go Back   CrystalOne Radio Forums > CrystalOne Radio > General Discussion

Old 05-12-2013

jiggyjaguar is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to jiggyjaguar Send a message via AIM to jiggyjaguar Send a message via Yahoo to jiggyjaguar
Thumbs up Weekly Rant: 5/19/2013-The era of making news with NO news

I noticed that this week on the social media sites, locally here in Hutchinson Kansas. The Buzz was all about people doing things without really doing anything. We had Dog The Bounty Hunter coming to town. We had my pal the Newspaper man making more announcements that no one cared about or cares currently about. I remember Howard Stern when he was on CBS radio used to employ this tactic constantly to get into the news cycle by doing nothing. I was thinking about what Thomas could be doing that is news. So lets break this down with what he may be planning? Howard Stern used to employ things like this, He would put out a press release when the talk of him maybe going to the internet radio world was popping up. So instead of just saying no, he would put out a press release and say, Howard Stern is not going to internet radio. So what happened is people would report this as news?

Now onto Thomas Lamb from Mega Metal/In the Now magazine. Now this is going to sound like I am bashing the guy. I am not bashing him and I am not going to talk smack on the guy, I am just going to speculate on what the big news may be? BIGG STUFF is the headline I have saw this week from his camp. It might be that he finally going to release that interview he is doing with Chris Cornell from Soundgarden when Chris played the Steifel theater in Salina Kansas 2 years ago, that no one was allowed into. However some how Tom was given this chance to interview him? It may be the media exclusive interview with The Black crows that he had been posting on facebook about that was coming soon? I know it is that media blockbuster with he had with TNA wrestling star Sting from the 1st KS tour when Sting was not even apart of the tour, why would he promote something he was not going to be apart of?

I believe maybe it's that Syndication deal he signed with Fox Kansas for Mega Metal TV back in 2007. I remember one evening, when myself and Ninja Larry was at The Blue Goat filming for Jiggy Jag TV. Tom walked up to me and said he had 4 XL-1's on order and was launching Mega Metal TV and Fox Kansas had just signed a huge deal where Fox was paying him a big chunk of change to produce the programming. Fox KS was going to be launching this programing for the summer months. So hell maybe this is the launch of Mega Metal TV. I know Thomas would not make things up like a big deal with a TV network, his production values have increased by a million since his 1st interview back in the day. So this has to be what is gearing up to happen.

Full Color high gloss magazine that is coming soon? You do know that he has that next issue with Morgan Wilk from Hutchinson KS on the front page? This is gotta be it, he is doing a full color high gloss magazine. He is planning on blowing the doors off the industry and taking down my white trash media empire. This has got to be it, I knew this was coming, all that printing the minim of 1,000 issues and then saying it's 50-75,000 issues and putting them all over the Midwest then not doing it, was a smoke screen for the big deal which is a full color high gloss issue.

Better Quality video interviews, now I wanna give credit where credit is due here. They started doing video interviews. The interviews would always start then when they ended, they were just done. Nothing about thanks for joining us, nothing. Just done, so now they have an intro and outro which is good on their part. I always wondered why they never did this before however this has sky rocketed their production values through the roof. I am glad this is happening and I am glad that they have made the effort to become better.

Jiggy Jaguar
http://www.jiggyjaguar.com