CrystalOne Radio Forums
Members List Social Groups

Go Back   CrystalOne Radio Forums > CrystalOne Radio > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2005

jiggyjaguar is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to jiggyjaguar Send a message via AIM to jiggyjaguar Send a message via Yahoo to jiggyjaguar
Weekly Rant: 12/23/05:"Ampcast is shutting down”

Now those words, I figured I would hear and I knew that this issue was not going to be easy to address. However I am well aware this would and could be happening and very soon. From every DJ getting frustrated and quiting and then the issue with the scheduling page not being updated or even working and finally the chat room has had no maintenance what so ever for awhile. What saddens me, is that this site is just like many other sites on the Internet that have either left without any fan fare just dissappered without a trace. The scene of ampcast.com is a very bad one and it will end hopefully with a good send off.

Ampcast.com was a place I had not heard of until I met Frank Cotolo and he mentioned to me that the site was a place for artists of all sorts to come together and share their music and they had a chat room and live radio schedule where dj's would play the artists hosted on ampcast.com. Cotolo was the only talk show on the network till I came along in 2004. The site itself was way ahead of it's time, with other clones running around and others making waves that no one cares about.

Ampcast is and always will be a place where dj's came together when they needed to, such as just recently with the ampcast Christmas celebration. Ampcast did a ampcast-a-thon this past summer with artists and casters getting together to celebrate the fact ampcast had been around the time it had. Ampcast is a great place for artists and casters to get together and share in a common ground and that was indie music.

Now as far as my issues with ampcast.com goes, I had some issues with management and also with some loyal listeners of the stream and site of ampcast. I was embraced once I paid my dues. Then when I had some issues with the pd of ampcast and was gone for awhile. I still checked out all the programs and I board oped for many that were carried on kjag radio. However Ampcast has become a shining example of what motivated people and motivated listeners can do.

Final thoughts on ampcast.com, this was a great place for music and it will be thought of in the same regard as alternacast and lycos talk radio were. Ampcast has spawned some great other sites and has been around to launch many of indie rocks and pop's great talents. Ampcast I think will be missed but not forgotten and I just hope that when the final day of broadcasting is done. I am hoping that the listeners and the supporters and the broadcasters at ampcast.com make it a special event.